Africa Innovation Summit (AIS)
Africa Innovation Summit (AIS) in Kigali Rwanda.(2018)
Akaboxi was privileged to participate and showcase our product at AIS in Kigali Rwanda 6-9th June 2018 at Kigali Convention Center whose goal was to engage as many people as possible in order to build a broad constituency in support of innovation in Africa. 50 participants /innovators from 15 countries across the continent were selected to showcase their innovations.
AIS is an Africa-wide and homegrown initiative aimed at harnessing the innovation potential of the continent. It aims to mobilize the people and, especially those with the ‘power to act’, including investors, the people with the ideas, the policymakers, the researchers and academics, the business community, the youth, as well as innovators and thinkers into a coalition for collective action to promote and build an enabling environment for innovation in Africa.
AIS provided a platform to promote dialogue, for the exchange of best practices among stakeholders across African countries and the whole world.
We showcased what is happening on the continent, and shared lessons of experience.
The platform also included engaging with African researchers and scholars to undertake case studies to tease out lessons of experience in order to facilitate learning by stakeholders.
The African Innovation Exhibit that was part of the AIS provided a stage to showcase home-grown innovations and innovators on the continent that are ideal to solve African problems.
- Heads of States and Governments;
- Ministers and other government officials and senior policy makers;
- Heads of the regional and continental organizations;
- CEOs of established companies and founders of start-ups;
- Partners from Venture capital firms and private equity, as well as Bankers and capital market operators;
- Academics, researchers, policy experts, science and technology experts;
- Business angels, high net worth individuals, innovators, thinkers, and entrepreneurs.
Akaboxi benefited a lot from networks, discussions, collaborations, and sharing of knowledge